Title
Fountain at Point State Park looking toward the North Side
Date
1974
Creator
unknown
Description
The fountain, located at the headwaters of the Ohio River in Pittsburgh’s Point State Park, was designed by architects Stotz, Hess, MacLachlan & Foster. The fountain, the tallest in the United States, shapes approximately 6,000 gallons of water per minute into a spout 150 feet high. It is fed by the famous “fourth river” (Wisconsin Glacial Flow) located about fifty-five feet below ground. The fountain was dedicated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on August 30, 1974, marking the completion of Point State Park. In the background in Three Rivers Stadium which was built in 1970 and imploded on February 11, 2001.
Subjects
Fountains--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh.;Three Rivers Stadium (Pittsburgh, Pa.);Point State Park (Pittsburgh, Pa.);Monongahela River (W. Va. and Pa.)
Digital Identifier
MSP285.B008.F13.I02
Source Identifier
MSP285.B008.F13.I02
Source
Allegheny Conference on Community Development Photographs, 1892-1981
Additional Information

Senator John Heinz History Center - Historic Pittsburgh Image Collection

Fountain at Point State Park looking toward the North Side

(MSP285.B008.F13.I02)
size