Title
Construction of David Lawrence Hall
Date
1967
Creator
Unknown
Description
The beginning of the construction of David Lawrence Hall. This building, completed in 1968, is devoted to classrooms and lecture halls for social sciences Classes and other courses in disciplines across the curriculum. It is home to the largest auditorium on campus, seating a total of 998. The building was named in honor of David L. Lawrence, Pittsburgh's Mayor from 1946 to 1959 and Pennsylvania Governor from 1959 to 1963. Lawrence was a leader and driving force during Pittsburgh's first great Renaissance of the 1940s and 1950s.
Subjects
Oakland (Pittsburgh, Pa.).; University of Pittsburgh.; David Lawrence Hall (Pittsburgh, Pa.); Buildings--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh--Design and construction.
Location
Oakland
Identifier
DLH02UA
Source
University of Pittsburgh Historic Photographs, 1884-present
Additional Information
Ordering Reproductions

Archives Service Center, University of Pittsburgh - Historic Pittsburgh Image Collection

Construction of David Lawrence Hall

(DLH02UA)
size